(formerly Swiss Army Knife 2.0)
An advanced tool that allows you to perform Excel-style modifications to your data directly inside of Act!. As well as make updates to your database that the software does not currently feature
Some examples include:
- Insert or append data in a field to your entire database or a lookup
- Replace existing data based on criteria. Example: replace all email records containing @mycompanyemail.com with @yournewemail.com
- Set limited access en masse to companies
- Create a note or a history to all the contacts in a lookup
- Regular Expressions ( REGEX)
You can run these one at a time, or string a group of actions together. You can even use windows tasks to have the batches run on a schedule for regular updating of your database.
PLEASE NOTE: As with any major data manipulation tool, please make sure to complete a dry run on copy of your database to confirm expected result.